Policy Regarding Physical Facilities
- To achieve the goal of good Countywide Library service, the Library Board will work toward providing Library buildings and facilities that will adequately meet the physical requirements of such service.
- Buildings shall be located as determined by the Library Board after due consideration of all factors; i. e., population density, growth trends, and transportation.
- The administration of the building program and maintenance of buildings and equipment shall be the responsibility of the Library Director in cooperation with appropriate County and City agencies.
- No library may be established until suitable and adequate quarters can be provided.
- Any building to be used for a library shall be approved by the County's building inspector and fire inspector and shall meet at least the minimum County requirements for public buildings.