Policy Regarding Public Comment at Library Board Meetings
The Library Board wishes to provide an opportunity for the public to comment on various Library System related issues. In addition to the budget-related Public Hearing held in June of each year, the Board has established a Public Comment time period at each regularly scheduled Library Board meeting. The following serves to support this process.
- There will be a Public Comment period at each regularly scheduled Library Board meeting.
- A maximum of five speakers will be heard.
- Speakers will have a maximum of three minutes for their comments.
- Individual speakers will be limited to one public comment period each calendar year.
- Speakers are requested to pre-register with the Library Director; however, if there are available public comment slots open at the time of a Board meeting, the remaining slots may be filled by individuals registering at the meeting.
- Board members will not question or respond to speakers.