The history of the Dixie Pig was shared with us by Mr. Slade Barnes. He told us that the original building, situated on Route 1, was built by Mr. Reagan on the edge of his farm. It was called the Sun Light Grill. A restaurant known as the Dixie Pig was located near the Potomac River. The land on which it was situated was converted into parkland, after which the restaurant moved to its present location.
The baseball diamond next to the Dixie Pig was used for a carnival ground by the fire house. The restaurant was sold several times. During the war it was closed and the owner's family lived in it. In 1946 brick was added and the windows in the Dixie Pig were remodeled.