Friends of the Reston Regional Library
The Friends of the Reston Regional Library are an active group of volunteers who support the Library through ongoing and special semi-annual book sales. Through the generosity of the Friends, the Reston Regional Library has been able to: sponsor special children's programs and other cultural events, fund new service desks, needed furniture, equipment and supplies.
To become a Friend of the Reston Regional Library, please complete this online form.
Friends Choice Award Recipients
October 13, 2010
The Friends of the Reston Regional Library support the public library in its efforts to improve its collections, services and programs offered to area residents.
In the last five years, the Friends of the Reston Regional Library have:
- Supported the renovation of the public area by funding improved service desks for information, check out and children's area
- Funded new signage, contributed funds to renovate the staff workroom, purchased new shelving and furniture in the children's alcove
- Funded microfilm of the Reston Times and the Valueline online subscription
- Sponsored the annual volunteer tea and the annual open house
- Annual funding of the special summer children's programs and children's author luncheon
- Contributed to the Center for the Book
- Contributed to the Library Foundation
- Funded the construction of a book storage shed
- Been recognized before the Board of Supervisors in February 2003 for their service to the community
- Recognized by the Board of Supervisors in August 2004 for supporting All Fairfax Reads
- Launched a Friends newsletter in the Fall/Winter of 2004
Senior (65 years and over): $5.00
General Membership: $15.00
Good Friend: $50.00
Best Friend: $100.00
Special Friend: $250.00
Meetings are held quarterly (February, May, August and November). Dates, times and locations are announced to members.
There is an ongoing book sale at the Reston Regional Library plus special book sales are held in the spring and fall.
We are happy to accept items in GOOD saleable condition
- New books, Best sellers, coffee-table
- Collectibles, Old Books prior to 1950
- Textbooks – No older than 5 years from date
- Encyclopedias – Complete Sets — No older than 10 years from current date
- Sets — Prior to 1940 OR no older than 10 years from current date
- Magazines — Prior to 1960 OR no older than 3 months prior to date
- Specialty Magazines — up to 1 year prior to date (e.g. Architectural Digest, cooking, Civil War, Hobbies)
- Media – CD’s, DVD’s, Audio books on CD or Cassette; Great Courses (any format), VHS sets (only)
- Puzzles (between August – October)
- Computer books (Saleable!)
- NO VIDEOS or SINGLE CASSETTES
We no longer accept phonograph records.
All contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Corporate Sponsors That Support The Friends of the Reston Regional
Cheesecake Factory – Fair Oaks
Chili’s Southwest Grill – Reston
Corner Bakery – Fair Oaks
Costco – Chantilly
Einstein Bagel – Reston
Harris Teeter #81 – Spectrum Ctr.
Harris Teeter #85 – Woodland Crossing
Lowe’s – Chantilly
Office Depot – Spectrum Ctr.
Panera – Woodland Crossing
Passion Fish – Reston Towne Ctr.
Potbelly – Sunset Hills
Rio Grande – Reston
Safeway – Hunter’s Woods
Safeway – South Lakes
Shopper’s Food Warehouse – Herndon
Starbucks – Plaza America
Target – Reston
Trader Joe’s – Reston
Vocelli – North Shore Dr.
Friends Book Club
The Friends book club meets at the library on the second Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m. All are welcome!
President: Brian Jacoby
Vice President: Michael Kenney
Secretary: Judy Konnert
Treasurer: Jennifer Scutella
Members at Large: Dave Little, Rik Karlsson, Helen Fedor
Visit the Reston Friends Blog for more information about online book sales and more.
To become a Friend of the Reston Regional Library,
please complete this online form.