Meeting Room Rules for Extended Hours
- Organizations must request extended hours access to meeting rooms at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. Arrangements will be made for the organization's representative to receive the meeting room key during the library's regular operating hours, at least one hour prior to closing.
- An organization representative will be provided with an orientation regarding the use of the meeting room. This responsibility includes disseminating information to other group members about entering and leaving the premises plus emergency evacuation routes. If the organization's representative does not contact the library to set up this meeting, the room reservation will be canceled. Instead of an in-person orientation the following branches require an online orientation: Burke Centre , George Mason Regional Library, Great Falls Library, Kings Park Library and Patrick Henry Library.
- The same representative is responsible for the tour, signing the letter of agreement, picking up the key, and attending the meeting.
- Individuals receiving a meeting room key must sign a Letter of Agreement, must be over 18 years of age, must present a picture ID at the time the key is issued, and indicate they have received an orientation.
- The library building must be secured at the conclusion of the meeting.
- The meeting room key must be returned to the library immediately upon the conclusion of the meeting, either delivered in person to library staff or deposited in the book drop according to prior arrangements.
- A room must be reserved for the entire extended hour period. For example, if the branch's extended morning hours are from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and you want a room from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. you must book the room from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Library buildings are heated and cooled based on normal library hours and may not be as comfortable during extended hours.
- Wireless service is only available during normal library hours.
- Meeting room users may be required to bag trash and leave it by the trash can in the room.
You must agree to the meeting room rules before making a reservation.