Reserve a Meeting Room
You must agree to the following rules to reserve a room:
- All meetings must be open to the public.
- No admission may be charged.
- No programs involving sales may be conducted unless sponsored by the library, the Library Board of Trustees, the Fairfax Library Foundation or a Friends group.
- Publicity promoting meetings and events must clearly identify the sponsoring group, time and place.
- Furniture may be rearranged, but should be returned to the original configuration. Available tables and chairs are limited.
- Library staff is not required to move meeting room equipment, furniture or personal property for groups.
- Light refreshments may be served. Groups are responsible for supplies and prompt cleanup.
- According to Fairfax County Procedural Memorandum No. 136 (Revised), the use of alcoholic beverages in county facilities is strictly prohibited except when and where specifically authorized by the County Executive.
- Smoking, candles, and open flames are not permitted.
- Groups using the meeting rooms are responsible for maintaining order, for compensating the library for damages to the premises, equipment or furnishings that occur during their use, and for the safekeeping of any private property brought into the library.
- The library is not responsible for personal property left unattended.
- If a meeting is postponed or cancelled, groups must notify the library immediately.
- If you are reserving a meeting room during extended hours, please see additional rules.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in refusal of your meeting room use at the Fairfax County Public Library.