Environment & Energy
Fairfax County is helping to lead a national effort for counties to reduce regional global warming emissions 80 percent below 2005 levels by 2050.
The Board of Supervisors' Environmental Vision guides the county's environmental sustainability initiatives and programs. This vision is being updated.
News and Information
- Energy Saving Strategies Help Achieve a 21 Percent Reduction in Carbon Footprint of Fairfax County Buildings
- County Cuts Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 10 Percent, Study Reports
- Provide Input Into Our County’s Environmental Vision
- Don’t Let Energy Vampires Drain the Life From Your Bank Account
- How to Keep Asian Longhorned Beetles Out of Our County
- Please Don’t Feed the Geese!
- Protecting the Beauty of 2.9 Million Trees