Environmental Vision Update
While the Board of Supervisors' 20-Year Environmental Vision is not an action plan, this vision is important because it helps to guide our environmental sustainability initiatives and programs. We are in the process of updating this vision document.
Based on public feedback, an initial draft update was published in February 2017, and this document is being refined based on public input from an online survey conducted in March. This new draft will be presented to the Board of Supervisors this spring.
The Board of Supervisors adopted its vision in June 2004, and it was last updated in March 2007. The current vision is organized into six major core service areas: growth and land use, air quality and transportation, water quality, solid waste, parks/trails/open space, and environmental stewardship
- Draft Update: Environmental Vision (Feb. 2, 2017)
- Current 20-Year Environmental Vision
- Current Vision Summary
To get people's thoughts on what should be added, changed or updated in the vision, we conducted an online survey in June 2016, and we held three public meetings in July 2016. We used this initial input to produce a draft update of the vision, and subsequently, we conduced a second online survey in March 2017 to get feedack on this draft.
Complete results from both surveys and the public meetings are provided below:
- March 2017 Survey Results on Draft Update
- Summary Presentation on 2016 Public Meetings/Survey
- June 2016 Survey Results
- July 20, 2016 Public Meeting Input Summary
- July 27, 2016 Public Meeting Input Summary
- July 28, 2016 Public Meeting Input Summary
- Written Testimony
Update Process Timeline
The update will take about a year to complete, and the following is the anticipated project timeline:
- Collecting public input through a survey and meetings: June-July 2016
- Developing a report based on public input: Summer-Winter 2016
- Public comment on draft report on recommended changes to the vision: Early 2017
- Board of Supervisor adoption of its final, updated vision: 2017