Accountability for Human Services
A critical component to the well-being of our community is the role of the Fairfax County Human Services System. An interrelated group of partners and efforts, the human services system supports communities and empowers residents to be healthy, safe, stable and connected.
The human services system is accountable to residents for the delivery of quality programs and services. As such, Fairfax County Human Services agencies and contracted partner organizations have adopted the Results-Based Accountability (RBA) approach to:
- Determine whether people are “better off” as a result of receiving services.
- Improve accountability for taxpayer dollars.
- Collectively strengthen programs and services.
Utilizing RBA, the system will work to improve results in six areas:
- Connected Individuals
- Economic Self-Sufficiency
- Healthy People
- Positive Living for Older Adults and Individuals with Disabilities
- Successful Children and Youth
- Sustainable Housing