Archery Proficiency Test
1) There will be a qualification fee for EACH attempt
to qualify at an approved range - Maximum of 3 attempts to range qualify
for the Archery Program. Please contact the range for
their qualification fee.
NOTE: All attempts to pass the archery proficiency test are by appointment ONLY
2) Three out of three arrows in an 8-inch target at 20 yards.
3) Crossbows and Compound bows ONLY. Only bows used to qualify may be used to participate in the Archery Program. Must provide own backstop if using a crossbow at the range.
4) Broadheads ONLY - Field tips not permitted for use to qualify at the range.
Where may I range qualify for the Archery Program?
1) Participants may qualify at an approved public (or private) archery range. Range qualifications are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Appointments for Group qualifications are preferred.
All attempts to range qualify for the Archery Program will be closely monitored and recorded by the Range Master and Fairfax County.
Please contact one of the approved Archery Ranges to make an appointment to qualify Archery Group members to become eligible for participation in the Archery Program:
2) Range master’s decision regarding range safety or qualification is final – NO appeals.
3) Failure to comply with all range rules and instructions by a range master will result in immediate removal from the site and failure to qualify to participate in the Archery program.
4) Proficiency test qualification valid for two years. Applicants who participated in a previous season of the Archery Program must submit proof of archery proficiency test qualification and previous participation in the program.