How To Apply
APPLICATIONS FOR THE FY2016-2017 ARCHERY PROGRAM CAN BE SUBMITTED
Deadline: July 5, 2016
1. APPLICANTS MUST APPLY INDIVIDUALLY. Individual archers will be
selected by the program manager and assigned to groups based on the
archers’ park preferences and other factors.
NOTE: Archers must have computer access and an email account since the majority of communication and required documentation are done electronically.
2. Archers must meet the qualification requirements outlined below.
- Archers must be at least 18 years old.
- Archers must pass a criminal background check. Disqualifying convictions include, but are not limited to any type of child exploitation violation, domestic violence, weapons charges, game violations, animal cruelty or any felony.
- Archers must possess a valid Virginia hunting license, big game license and archery license.
- Archers must pass an archery proficiency test.
- Archers must have successfully completed a hunter safety course – OR - be exempted from this requirement ("grandfathered in") by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
NOTE: Hunter safety education courses became mandatory for youth hunters (12-15 years old) and first-time hunters in 1988. A hunter is exempt from this provision (“grandfathered in”) if having hunted prior to 1988 and 16 years or older in 1988.
3. Applications are to be completed on-line at the Google form link listed below and will be active on June 1, 2016. Please do not use tablets or smart phones to complete this application. If you do there is a chance your application will not be transmitted. You will be able to verify your application after June 19, 2015.
***Updated and live on June 1, 2016***
4. Failure to apply by the application deadline will result in an archer not being considered for this year's program.
5. Only Archers selected will be notified directly by the program manager by July 20, 2016.
6. Archers NOT initially selected may be placed on standby pending availability of additional openings.
7. Archers may only belong to one group. Applications to more than one group will disqualify an applicant from participating in the Archery Program. No exceptions.
8. Group application fees will be collected by Group Leaders once archers are assigned to groups. You will be required to pay a $10.00 County Program Fee and up to a $15.00 Group Fee. Some group’s fees may be less than $15.00. The maximum fee an archer will pay for this program will be $25.00. All fees will be paid to the Group Leader who will then pay the County Fee program for the group. Failure to pay group fees prior to the group leaders' deadline will result in dismissal from the program.
9. Once selected for a group, there will be no transfers to other groups.
10. Once notified of selection, failure to make contact with the Group Leader and attend a Group orientation by the selected date will result in immediate dismissal from the program and your position will be filled by a stand-by hunter. All communication will be conducted by email so it is important you list a correct email address that you check often.