How To Apply
ARCHERY GROUP APPLICATIONS FOR THE FY13 ARCHERY PROGRAM CAN BE
June 18, 2012 – July 18, 2012
1. APPLICANTS MUST APPLY AS PART OF AN ARCHERY GROUP. A minimum of 10 applicants up to a maximum of 50 applicants may apply as a group on the same entry. Each Archery Group must designate a lead contact person for the group as the Archery Group Liaison and designate a secondary liaison.
NOTE: Archery Group Liaisons must have computer access, an email account, and familiarity with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
2. Archery Groups must meet the qualification requirements outlined below PRIOR to submitting an archery group application packet.
- Archery group must provide evidence of $1,000,000 group insurance (General liability).
- Archery group applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Archery group applicants must possess a valid Virginia hunting license, archery license, and crossbow license (if applicable).
- Archery group applicants must pass an archery proficiency test.
- Archery group applicants must have successfully completed a hunter safety course – OR - be exempted from this requirement ("grandfathered in") by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
NOTE: Hunter safety education courses became mandatory for youth hunters (12-15 years old) and first-time hunters in 1988. A hunter is exempt from this provision (“grandfathered in”) if having hunted prior to 1988 and 16 years or older in 1988.
3. Archery Group application MUST be submitted in a single packet and
will include the standardized Archery Program Application form, a copy of
the Group Insurance Certificate, and copies of each hunter’s
qualification card, all electronically either by email to email@example.com
or placed on a thumb drive and mailed to the address listed below.
All application fees must be mailed.
A standardized Archery Program Application form must be completed in full and provide the below Archery Group Information and Archery Group Member Information.
The Archery Program Application form can be obtained UPON REQUEST
by contacting Earit
The Archery Group Application form MUST be submitted electronically (on a disk or USB flash drive) in the Archery Group application packet and include the following required information.
Archery Group Information
- Archery Group name
- Archery Group Liaison, and secondary liaison
- Top 5 Archery Program sites, as decided as an archery group
Archery Group Member Information
- Full Name
- Home Address
- Contact Information: Home phone, mobile phone, email
- Date of birth
Valid State Hunting
- Valid Bear, Deer, and Turkey license number
- Valid Archery license number
- Valid Crossbow license number (If applicable)
- Archery range qualification date, bow type and broadhead type used to qualify
4. Copies of the below information MUST be provided in the Archery Group application packet:
- Copy of Archery Group insurance (liability policy)
- Copy of archery range qualification card
5. A NON-REFUNDABLE application fee of $50.00 must be included with each Archery Group application. This fee should be included by check or money order made payable to: FAIRFAX COUNTY
NOTE: Cash not accepted - check or money order only.
6. Mail completed application packet to:
Fairfax County Animal Shelter
ATTN: Sgt. Earit Powell
4500 West Ox Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
7. Only one application entry per Archery Group allowed. Duplicate names
and addresses will disqualify an archery group from participating in the
Archery Program. No Exceptions
Failure to submit a completed application will disqualify an archery group from the archery hunt lottery.
Only Archery Groups selected by archery hunt lottery will be notified directly by the Fairfax County Wildlife Biologist on Monday, July 23, 2012.
Archery Groups NOT selected by lottery, may have the opportunity to participate in the Archery Program as a standby archery group - pending availability of additional or "bonus" sites.
8. Archery group applicants may choose to qualify and participate in a maximum of TWO archery groups. Submission of name with more than two groups will disqualify an applicant from participating in the Archery Program. No exceptions.