How To Apply
APPLICATIONS FOR THE FY2015-2016 ARCHERY PROGRAM CAN BE SUBMITTED
Deadline: July 5, 2015
1. APPLICANTS MUST APPLY INDIVIDUALLY. Individual archers will be
selected by the program manager and assigned to groups based on the
archers’ park preferences and other factors.
NOTE: Archers must have computer access and an email account since the majority of communication and required documentation are done electronically.
2. Archers must meet the qualification requirements outlined below.
- Archers must be at least 18 years old.
- Archers must pass a criminal background check. Disqualifying convictions include, but are not limited to any type of child exploitation violation, domestic violence, animal cruelty or any felony.
- Archers must possess a valid Virginia hunting license, big game license and archery license.
- Archers must pass an archery proficiency test.
- Archers must have successfully completed a hunter safety course – OR - be exempted from this requirement ("grandfathered in") by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
NOTE: Hunter safety education courses became mandatory for youth hunters (12-15 years old) and first-time hunters in 1988. A hunter is exempt from this provision (“grandfathered in”) if having hunted prior to 1988 and 16 years or older in 1988.
3. Applications are to be completed on-line at the Google form link listed below and will be active on June 1, 2015. Please do not use tablets or smart phones to complete this application. If you do there is a chance your application will not be transmitted. You will be able to verify your application after June 19, 2015.
4. Group application fees will be collected by Group Leaders once archers are assigned to groups. Failure to pay group fees prior to the group leaders' deadline will result in dismissal from the program.
5. Only Archers selected will be notified directly by the program manager by July 20, 2015.
6. Archers NOT initially selected may be placed on standby pending availability of additional openings.
7. Archers may only belong to one group. Applications to more than one group will disqualify an applicant from participating in the Archery Program. No exceptions.
8. Failure to apply by the application deadline will result in an archer not being considered for this year's program.
9. Once selected for a group, there will be no transfers to other groups.
10. Once selected, failure to make contact with the Group Leader and attend a Group orientation by the selected date will result in immediate dismissal from the program and your position will be filled by a stand-by hunter. All communication will be conducted by email so it is important you list a correct email address that you check often.
11. Application verification: Follow the link below to verify your application was submitted and accepted. Information on the link will be documented in the form of your last name and your unique hunter ID. If you do not see your last name or unique hunter ID listed your application was not submitted and you will need to re-apply through the link above or contact Sergeant Earit Powell.