How To Apply For Managed Deer Hunts
How To Apply
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2012
1. Applicants for a managed hunt must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid Virginia hunting license and big game license. Applicants must provide proof they have successfully completed a Hunter Safety course.
A list of scheduled Hunter Safety courses is available by contacting the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries or call 540-899-4169.
2. Applicants may apply as an individual or part of a group with up to four other hunters on the same entry. All hunters on a group entry must meet the requirements outlined above. Each group hunter must provide the required application information on the provided PDF form with all members listed. Hunters applying as a group will either be selected as a group or not selected as a group.
3.Each hunter must provide the required application information on the Hunter Application (see link below)
Managed Hunt Application (pdf)
All applications must include:
- COPY OF CURRENT VIRGINIA HUNTING LICENSE
- COPY OF HUNTER SAFETY COURSE CERTIFICATION
COPY OF FIREARM QUALIFICATION CARD
ALL QUALIFICATONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN FAIRFAX COUNTY MANAGED HUNTS MUST QUALIFY AT THE FAIRFAX COUNTY POLICE RANGE. (SEE HOW TO QUALIFY FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION)
4. A NON-REFUNDABLE application fee of $5.00 PER HUNT(EXAMPLE 2 HUNTS=$10.00) must be included by each applicant. This fee should be included in the form of a check or money order made payable to: FAIRFAX COUNTY
5. APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2012
Mail completed application to:
ATTN: SGT. EARIT POWELL
Animal Services Division
4500 West Ox Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
Failure to submit completed application will disqualify an applicant from the hunt lottery
6. Only one entry per applicant will be allowed. Duplicate names and addresses will be disqualified.
7. Only successful applicants selected via hunt lottery to participate in a managed hunt will be notified.