How To Apply For Managed Deer Hunts
How To Apply
Managed Hunts for FY 2017 are TBD. Website will be updated in June 2016.
Applicants for a managed hunt must be at least 18 years old and possess
a valid Virginia hunting license and big game license.
Applicants may apply as an individual or part of a group. All hunters
on a group entry must meet the requirements outlined above. Each group
hunter must provide the required application information on the
provided electronic document with all members listed. Hunters applying
as a group will either be selected as a group or selected as
individuals. Group selections are not guaranteed.
Each hunter must provide the required application information on the Hunter Application (see link below). This is an electronic application process. Please double check your entries, failure to provide a correct email address will disqualify you from selection. All correspondence is done by email only.
Managed hunt participants will be selected via hunt lottery. The number of hunters selected is based on the number of tree stand positions determined at each managed hunt location.
All Applicants must pass a criminal background check. Disqualifying convictions are, but not limited to any type of child exploitation violation, domestic violence, weapons charges, animal cruelty or any felony.
**Applications are not currently being accepted for FY 2017**
6. All applications must provide by email:
COPY OF CURRENT VIRGINIA HUNTING LICENSE
COPY OF HUNTER SAFETY COURSE CERTIFICATION
- COPY OF FIREARM QUALIFICATION CARD
7. ALL QUALIFICATONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN FAIRFAX COUNTY MANAGED HUNTS MUST QUALIFY AT THE FAIRFAX COUNTY POLICE RANGE. (SEE HOW TO QUALIFY FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION)
8. IF YOU APPLY PRIOR TO YOUR QUALIFICATION YOU CAN SEND YOUR CERTIFICATE IN AT A LATER DATE.
9.A NON-REFUNDABLE application fee of $5.00 PER HUNT (EXAMPLE 2 HUNTS=$10.00) must be included by each applicant. This fee should be included in the form of a check or money order made payable to: FAIRFAX COUNTY
Mail CHECK to:
ATTN: Sergeant Earit Powell
Fairfax County Animal Control
4500 West Ox Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
10. Failure to submit completed application will disqualify an applicant from the hunt lottery.
11.Only one entry per applicant will be allowed. Duplicate names and addresses will be disqualified.
12. Only successful applicants selected via hunt lottery to participate in a managed hunt will be notified.
13. Application verification: You can return to this page after September 26, 2015 and follow the link below to verify your application was submitted and accepted. Information on the link will be documented in the form of your last name and your unique hunter ID. If you do not see your last name or unique hunter ID listed your application was not submitted and you will need to re-apply through the link above. Hunter ID example (P-2568-Powell)-The first letter of your last name, last 4 digits of your driver’s license number and then your last name.