GIS & Mapping
GIS & Mapping Services is a branch of Fairfax County's Department of Information Technology. It is tasked with developing, maintaining, coordinating, and distributing GIS data and technology to Fairfax County government agencies and residents.
By accessing any of the data, maps, or applications provided by Fairfax County, you agree to the terms in our disclaimer.
News & Information
- Dozens of Fairfax County data layers, including parcels, zoning, address points, and other property-related layers that were previously only available for purchase, are now free via Open Data. Topographic data (elevation contours, DEM, spot elevations, masspoints and breaklines) are available for purchase by county quadrant (see the Data page for details). (July 2015)
- The Historic Imagery Viewer is now available for accessing the digital aerial photo holdings of Fairfax County. (May 2015)
- Fairfax County GIS has launched the Open Data site for free sharing of GIS data. (April 2015)
- The Fairfax County Map Wizard ia a new interactive mapping application to create Digital Map Viewer-like maps, but with custom extents and scales. (March 2015)
- The new My Neighborhood Report is now live! Search an address in Fairfax county and view electoral information, as well as schools, public safety and other facilities. (December 2014)
- GIS Day 2014 in Fairfax County was November 20th. For more information on GIS day and to peruse photos, as well as entries in the GIS Excellence Awards, please visit our GIS Day page. (December 2014)
- Read an article discussing the search engine technology of the Police Event Viewer. (September 2014)
- Fairfax County GIS has launched Fairfax Geoportal, a single access point for the county's interactive mapping applications. (September 2014)