Mason District Conference Rooms
At the Mason District Governmental Center, we have three meetings rooms available for use by organizations and residents of Fairfax County. Room use is permitted daily between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm. Reservations will not be honored without a completed room application. Please call to check the availability before submitting an application. Applications must be mailed, faxed or delivered to the Mason District Supervisor's Office.
Directions to the Mason Governmental
6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003
phone: 703-256-7717 fax: 703-354-8419
MAIN COMMUNITY ROOM
This spacious room has a tiled floor and holds approximately 100 people.
Has a white board and a pull down screen for projections.
U.S. and Virginia State flags. A podium, with microphone, is available for use.
LARGE CONFERENCE ROOM
This tiled room holds approximately 100 people.
SMALL CONFERENCE ROOM
This cozy room has a tiled floor and holds approximately 15 people.
To check the availability of our rooms, please call (703) 256-7717.
We only have a limited supply of tables for use in all of the rooms ~ please be conscious of other groups' need for the resources, too. Public restrooms, telephones and vending machines are available on site. While there is no charge for using our rooms, we have a list of regulations that must be agreed to before use of the rooms will be permitted.
Downloadable Adobe PDF of the Mason
District Room Use Application Form
MASON DISTRICT MEETING ROOM REGULTIONS
Effective September 1st, 2008
ANY violation of the below rules will be noted and kept in your file. Failure to follow the room regulations may result in immediate expulsion and denial of future use of these facilities. By signing this application, you are stating that you and the members of your group agree to comply and conform to all regulations as stated.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all in attendance of your meeting(s) are aware of the below regulations for groups and organizations utilizing meeting space at our facility. After 6:00 PM, Monday – Friday or during weekends, please see the Police desk for access to rooms.
- Please call at least 48 hours in advance for cancellations so that the rooms may be made available for other groups. No-shows will be recorded and can result in denial of future use.
- Meeting rooms may be used daily, 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Groups utilizing county facilities are responsible for maintaining order. Meeting room furniture may be arranged to your liking, but prior to departure, chairs must be stacked and tables must be folded up, returning them to the back of the room, against the wall. DO NOT block doorways with furniture. Public restrooms, vending machines, and a pay phone are available on site.
- Tables/Chairs: This facility has a limited supply of tables and chairs for use in the meeting rooms. Your group may need to bring extra tables and chairs, if necessary. For table/chair availability, please check with our office before reserving a room. We must make sure that there are enough tables and chairs available for your group and for all other meetings that day/evening.
- BRING WHAT YOU NEED! ANY and ALL supplies required for your meetings at the governmental center are your responsibility. Neither the Supervisor’s Office nor the Police Department can provide equipment, supplies, copy services, access to computers, etc. Please note: Our facility does not have public internet access.
- You are responsible for cleaning up your meeting room(s) prior to departure: If food is served, tables, chairs, and floors must be cleaned. All food and beverage crumbs/spills must be removed. You must bring cleanup supplies – bringing paper towels, cleaning solution and a vacuum cleaner, along with a broom and dustpan is encouraged to clean up. ALL trash must be bagged and removed. Please take your trash with you, or you may dispose of it in the dumpster at the western end of the parking lot, not in the trash cans at the main entrance.
- NO areas outside of the meeting rooms may be used for meetings, meals, breakout sessions, etc. The main lobby is restricted to Police business only. The hallway to the Supervisor’s Office must remain clear at all times. Meeting room tables may not be stored and/or used outside the meeting room(s) for registration or any other purpose.
- In publicizing a meeting to be held in a county facility, the sponsoring group, time, location (including directions) must be clearly identified. No selling or soliciting is allowed. No admission fees may be charged. Do not give out the Mason Governmental Center telephone number for directions or list it on flyers.
- Alcoholic beverages may NOT be served and all groups utilizing county facilities must observe Fairfax County Government smoking ordinances. Food must be pre-made, catered, or delivered – NO open flames. Please note: there are NO microwaves available for public use at this facility.
- Private property brought into the rooms is the sole responsibility of the owner. Fairfax County assumes no responsibility or liability for damages to private property while residing on the premises or for any personal injury that may occur on county property. Groups and organizations will be held responsible and liable for any damage done to county property and must report such damage to county staff of the facility where the damage occurred. Do not leave materials in the room after your meeting is over to collect at a later time/date – doing so gets in the way of other groups using the room(s).