Mason District BRAC 133 Task Force
March 1, 2011 Agenda
Welcome and Introductions
Barry Wilson, Task Force Chairman
Objective of the Task Force
Review and offer recommendations to address the potential adverse effects of commuter traffic and overparking on neighborhood streets anticipated with the U.S. Department of Defense’s Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC 133, Mark Center).
- Guy Mullinax, Transportation Planner, FCDOT – Road Classification Primer (Braddock Road, Columbia Pike, Colfax Avenue, etc.) and Traffic Calming Program Requirements Overview
- Guy Mullinax, FCDOT – Summary of Engineering Review for Hillcrest Place (this road was accepted into the Traffic Calming Program and now has speed control devices)
- Mark Canale, Fairfax County BRAC Coordinator, FCDOT – BRAC 133 Zip Code Analysis – Actual & Extrapolated Population
- Seyed Nabavi, Project Manager and Liaison to I-95/395 HOT Lanes Project, FCDOT – Overview of Recent Developments Pertaining to the Proposed Project
- Task Force – Identify major cut-through roads; identify intersections to get traffic baseline counts; and identify roads to get parking baseline counts for FCDOT staff.
- Topics to Discuss at April 5 Meeting
Dates: Tuesday, April 5 and Tuesday, May 3 (Please note change from original dates.)
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Mason District Governmental Center, 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale, Virginia 22003
FCDOT = Fairfax County Department of Transportation