Mason District BRAC 133 Task Force
October 4, 2011 Agenda
Welcome and Introductions
Barry Wilson, Task Force Chairman
Objective of the Task Force
Review and offer recommendations to address the potential adverse effects of commuter traffic and overparking on neighborhood streets anticipated with the U.S. Department of Defense’s Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC 133, Mark Center).
- James Hamre, Director, Office of Bus Planning, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority – Metro Bus Service in the BRAC-133 Area.
- Paul Mounier, Senior Transportation Planner, Fairfax Connector, FCDOT – Transit Service in Mason District
- Seyed Nabavi, Project Manager and Liaison to the I-95 HOT Lanes Project, FCDOT – Recent Developments about the Proposed Project
Laura Miller, BRAC Coordinator, FCDOT - Update about Recent
- City of Alexandria’s BRAC-133 Public Comment Meeting for HOV Ramp
- Governor’s Mark Center Task Force
- City of Alexandria’s Public Hearing for Corridor C (Beauregard/Van Dorn)
- Tom Burke, Senior Transportation Planner, FCDOT – Prioritization of Spot Improvements in Fairfax County to Mitigate BRAC Impacts from the Mark Center.
- Barry Wilson, Chairman, Mason District BRAC-133 Task Force - Discuss Draft Environmental Assessment Recommendation for the I-395/Route 236 Interchange
- Task Force – Discuss Meeting Schedule Past October 4, 2011
- Topics to Discuss at Next Meeting
Dates: To Be Determined at October 4 Meeting
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Mason District Governmental Center
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, Virginia 22003
FCDOT = Fairfax County Department of Transportation