Mason District BRAC 133 Task Force
April 3, 2012 Agenda
I. Welcome and Introductions
Barry Wilson, Task Force Chairman
II. Objective of the Task Force
Review and offer recommendations to address the potential adverse effects of commuter traffic and overparking on neighborhood streets anticipated with the U.S. Department of Defense’s Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC 133, Mark Center).
III. Discussion Items
James Hamre, Director, Office of Bus Planning, Washington Metropolitan
Area Transit Authority
- Metro Bus Stop Relocation Process and Feasibility of Relocating the Bus Stop on Eastbound Little River Turnpike, east of Beauregard Street.
- BRAC 133 – Transit Use Update
- Tom Burke, Senior Transportation Planner, FCDOT – Fairfax Countywide Transit Study Update.
Seyed Nabavi, Project Manager and Liaison to the I-95 HOT Lanes
- Recent Developments about the I-95 HOT Lanes Project
- HOV Ramp Environmental Assessment
Laura Miller, BRAC Coordinator, FCDOT – Update about Recent
- Governor’s Mark Center Task Force – Traffic Monitoring
- Status of Current Mark Center Occupancy vs. Ultimate Occupancy (People v. Positions)
- Task Force – Discuss Meeting Schedule Past April 3, 2012
IV. Topics to Discuss at Next Meeting
V. Meeting Schedule
Determined at April 3 Meeting
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Mason District Governmental Center, 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale, Virginia 22003
FCDOT = Fairfax County Department of Transportation