Mount Vernon District Airplane Traffic and Noise Update
Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority (MWAA) Airport Noise Working Group
The MWAA Noise Working Group has representatives from Arlington County, the City of Alexandria, Fairfax County (at large, Dranesville and Mount Vernon), DC Wards 2,3,4,5,6 and 7, Montgomery County, MD, Prince Georges County, MD, MWAA, FAA, Airlines for America and American Airlines.
The Fairfax County Mount Vernon District representative to the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority Airport Noise Working Group is Mike Rioux.
MWAA Airport Noise Working Group Progress Report
The progress report documents work completed since the MWAA Airport Noise Working Group began its deliberations in October 2015.
For the first five months, the MWAA Working Group focused on addressing the concerns associated with Reagan Washington National (DCA) flight departure operations to the north/north west departing from DCA runway 01, which is referred to as north flow operations.
In April 2016, the working group reviewed south flow operations for aircraft departing runway 19 at DCA.
On average, 4300 flight operations (departures, arrivals, enroute and cross traffic) impact the Washington Metroplex daily.
MWAA Airport Noise Working Group - Letter and Board Matter (February 3, 2017)
- Attachment A – Fairfax County Nominees for the Reagan National Airport Community Working Group
- Attachment B – Typical North Flow for Departures and Arrivals
- Attachment C – Reagan National Noise Working Group Recommendation #1
- Attachment C2 – Reagan National Noise Working Group Draft Recommendation #2
- Attachment D – LAZIR B
- Attachment E – South Flow Sample Flight Tracks
- Attachment F – Reagan National Noise Working Group Recommendation #3
- Attachment G – DCA South Flow
- Attachment H – Summary of Recommendations for Addressing DCA Noise Issues
- Attachment I – Typical 24 Hour Metroplex – 4300 tracks