Mount Vernon District Residential Permit Parking
Do you already have a Residential Permit Parking District in place in your neighborhood? If so, read on.
There are five different types of decals and passes used in RPPDs. They are:
1. Vehicle Decals - Valid for two years. They are affixed to the lower left of a vehicle's rear window (may not be taped on). If the vehicle does not have a rear window or the window is obscured, the decal may be displayed on the rear-most driver's side window in the lower right corner.
2. Visitor Passes - Eligible residences may be issued one laminated, transferable visitor pass. The pass is to be displayed on the dashboard.
3. Thirty-Day Passes - For persons who have just moved into an RPPD and do not yet have the required documentation for a decal. A resident is entitled to only one 30-day pass. The pass is to be displayed on the dashboard.
4. Vehicle Exemption Passes - Issued at the discretion of the Police Department or DOT to allow vehicles to park in RPPDs on a temporary basis for a specific reason, usually for less than 30 days. The pass is to be displayed on the dashboard. Persons requesting an exemption pass must have the license plate number of the vehicle that will display the pass.
5. Non-Resident Owner Passes - Issued to non-resident property owners who need to park in an RPPD to remodel or repair their property. The pass is to be displayed on the dashboard.
(RPPD restrictions do not apply to public agency vehicles, marked vehicles providing services or deliveries, vehicles with temporary tags, or non-motorized vehicles such as trailers and boats.)
Mail completed applications to:
Fairfax County DOT
4050 Legato Road, Suite 400
Fairfax, Virginia 22033
For additional information about Residential Permit Parking Districts, telephone the Department of Transportation at 703-877-5600 (TTY 711).