Gym Use Regulations
Role of the Volunteer Building Director:
- Must be present at all times.
- Is responsible for the supervision of all players and spectators.
- Is responsible for interpreting all rules and regulations of Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS) and ensuring that all groups comply.
- Must make sure that the facility is left in the condition that it was found.
- Must report all usage problems and facility damage to NCS or your league administrator.
Important Phone Numbers:
- Inclement Weather and Cancellation Hotline: 703-324-5264
- NCS Fax Number: 703-324-5546
- General Information Numbers: 703-324-5533, TTY 711
Expectations for Groups Using a Facility:
- No food or drink allowed on school property with the exception of water bottles!
- Respect the authority of the custodians, school staff, and NCS Staff.
- Carry a permit at all times. Electronic version is acceptable.
- Respect and abide by your permitted times.
- Spectators and players are restricted to the gymnasium only.
- Respect school property. Please do not remove chairs and/or tables from other areas. The facility must be left in the same condition in which it was found.
- Notify NCS if you WILL NOT be using the facility or if you see a facility not in use as soon as possible.
- AT NO TIME shall the following be permitted on school property: alcohol, tobacco products, illegal drugs, or weapons.
Always practice Character Counts:
Citizens Respect Responsibility
Fairness Caring Trustworthiness
What to Do in Case of a Usage Problem:
Call the Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS) on-call staff at
703-609-8870, TTY 711
- Monday - Friday: 4:30 - 10:15 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.
- Sunday: 8 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.
- Call School Security at 571-423-2000, TTY 711
For groups failing to adhere to NCS or Fairfax County Public School's Policy:
- Call a meeting to discuss problem.
- Send a warning letter to the organization.
- Ask the organization to pay for a building director.
- Terminate usage privileges.
Neighborhood and Community Services
12011 Government Center Parkway, 10th Floor
Fairfax VA 22035-1115
703-324-5533, TTY 711