Gym Use Regulations
Role of the Volunteer Building Director:
- Must be present at all times.
- Responsible for the supervision of all players and spectators.
- Responsible for interpreting all rules and regulations of NCS and ensuring that all groups comply.
- Must check in with custodial staff upon arriving and check out with custodial staff when leaving.
- Must make sure that the facility is left in the condition that it was found.
- Must report all usage problems and facility damage to NCS.
Important Phone Numbers:
- Inclement Weather and Cancellation Hotline: 703-324-5264
- Athletic Services Fax Number: 703-324-5546
- General Information Numbers: 703-324-5522, TTY 711
Expectations for Groups Using a Facility:
- No food or drink allowed on school property with the exception of water bottles!
- Respect the authority of the custodians, school staff, and NCS Staff.
- Carry a permit at all times.
- Respect and abide by your permitted times.
- Spectators and players are restricted to the gymnasium only.
- Respect school property. The facility must be left in the same condition in which it was found.
- Notify NCS of any non-use of a facility as soon as possible.
AT NO TIME shall the following be permitted on school
property: alcohol, tobacco products, illegal drugs, or weapons. Always
practice Character Counts:
Citizens Respect Responsibility
Fairness Caring Trustworthiness
What to Do in Case of a Usage Problem:
Call the Department of Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS)
on-call staff at 703-609-8870, TTY 711
- Monday - Friday: 4:30 - 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Call School Security at 703-764-2400, TTY 711
For groups failing to adhere to NCS or Fairfax County Public School's Policy:
- Call a meeting to discuss problem.
- Send a warning letter to the organization.
- Ask the organization to pay for a building director.
- Terminate usage privileges.
12011 Government Center Parkway, 10th Floor
Fairfax VA 22035-1115
703-324-5522, TTY 711