Community Interfaith Coordination: Domestic Violence Prevention Committee
Community Interfaith Coordination supports faith community engagement in domestic violence prevention and victim support through education initiatives and connections to public and private domestic violence response resources.
The Committee includes faith community and faith based organization representatives and staff from government and non-profit organizations with a mission to prevent domestic violence, support domestic violence victims and/or work with abusers. The Committee organizes faith based domestic violence prevention and response workshops, provides presentations to faith communities, and prepares and distributes faith based and community domestic violence prevention resource documents. The Committee represents the faith community on the Fairfax County Domestic Violence Prevention Coordination Policy Council and the Fairfax County Domestic Violence Network.
Help and Resources
- Faith Trust Institute, What every congregation needs to know about domestic violence...
- Faith Trust Institute, Responding to Domestic Violence, What the Religious Community Can Do
- FCIA Domestic Violence Prevention Commitee, Domestic Violence Intervention: First Steps for Clergy and Faith Leaders
County and Other Resources
- Fairfax County Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline: 703-360-7273 (TTY | 703-435-1235)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 (TTY | 1-800-787-3224).
- National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence, Power and Control Wheel (English and Spanish)
- Fairfax County Domestic Violence
- Office for Women and Sexual and Domestic Violence Services (OFW&DSVS)
- OFW&DSVS, Help for you, your family, your neighbors, your community
- Coordinated Services Planning (Basic Needs)
- Human Services Resource Guide
- Housing Support Services Toolkit
Domestic Violence Prevention Committee: News & Events
- The Domestic Violence Prevention Committee meets the second Thursday of each month from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
For more information about this committee,
please call 703-324-3453, TTY 711.
Fairfax County Community Interfaith Coordination
Department of Neighborhood & Community Services
12011 Government Center Parkway, Suite 405
Fairfax, VA 22035
Phone: 703-324-3453, TTY 711