Strategic Performance Management & Community Capacity Building
The work of the Strategic Performance Management & Community Capacity Building Unit is a direct outgrowth from the Fairfax County’s efforts to learn from the nonprofit community, the business community, and county staff in order to develop a community/county vision for nonprofit capacity building. This "Listening Project" described the current status of nonprofit partners in Fairfax County and helped frame the county’s role in nonprofit capacity building. Therefore, this unit is tasked with designing, managing and implementing strategies/projects that will prepare nonprofits and community based providers to better support county initiatives and fill critical gaps in county human services.
Staff is establishing a long-term, comprehensive community capacity resource plan or Community Capacity Blueprint to serve as a decision-making model for planning services with nonprofits, community-based organizations (CBOs), and faith-based partners. This blueprint will focus on:
- Maximizing resources available for a better response to changing community needs;
- Facilitating collaboration, leveraging existing resources, and helping to assess community impact of service delivery;
- Identifying existing space and organizational assets that can address service delivery gaps and decrease dependency on county resources;
- Enhancing collective measures of success; and
- Supporting county human services priorities.