An accessible, affordable and coordinated transportation system continues to be a critical need for older adults and individuals with disabilities in the Washington Metro region.
Mobility Management is a strategic approach to managing transportation resources within the community by focusing on:
- Individual travel needs
- Better coordination of existing services
- Improving awareness of transportation options
- Developing and implementing new transportation alternatives to meet existing needs
**New Transportation Tool!
- 2016 Enhanced Mobility Survey Results (Coming Soon!)
About the Northern Virginia Mobility Access Project
Fairfax County is leading the Northern Virginia Mobility Access Project, with funds obtained through a grant from the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, to bring together community, county and regional partners to address the project’s four goal areas:
- Increase capacity within identified neighborhoods to expand transportation options and/or coordination
- Increase capacity within community based organizations and faith based organizations to expand transportation options and/or coordination
- Build institutional capacity within participating local governments and partners by creating a “No Wrong Door” framework to ensure smooth and efficient service navigation for customers
- Create a cross-jurisdictional Mobility Management Network to plan, assess, train, and coordinate mobility management activities in the Northern Virginia Region