Vendors Urged to Register With eVA
Office of Public Affairs
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 551
Fairfax, VA 22035-0065
703-324-3187, TTY 703-324-2935, FAX 703-324-2010
Aug. 8, 2003
Vendors Urged to Register With eVA to
Receive Notice of Future Procurements
The Fairfax County Department of Purchasing and Supply Management reminds county vendors that Fairfax County now uses eVA to notify vendors of Fairfax County Government and Fairfax County Public Schools sales opportunities.
eVA is Virginia's electronic procurement portal (www.eva.state.va.us/)
that offers online registration of your company and includes an
electronic shopping mall and Quick Quote, a small purchase electronic
quote system. DPSM will use eVA to prepare bidders lists for formal
solicitations, distribute notices of solicitations and publish
invitations for bids and requests for proposals.
The following are the advantages of registering with eVA.
- Register once for over 425 government organizations. One online registration places your company on the bidders list of more than 425 state and local government agencies and allows you to receive e-mail or fax notices of their purchase requirements.
- 24-7 access. eVA operates 24 hours per day, day in and day out - even on holidays. You can review sales opportunities; submit quotes, bids and proposals; receive orders and maintain your eVA account at your convenience.
- Electronic quotes, bids and proposals. eVA allows you to respond to sales opportunities on-line by submitting electronic quotes in the Quick Quote system or electronic bids and proposals in response to eVA generated solicitations.
- Better than yellow pages. eVA features an electronic shopping mall where you can promote your business statewide and create electronic catalogs listing all of the goods or services that you sell. Your catalogs act as an electronic storefront allowing government buyers to order from you by e-mail or fax day or night.
- Reduced marketing costs. Sell to governments without having to make sales calls or send mass mailings to develop business…eVA will send you the opportunities.
- Reduced administrative costs. Imagine receiving government orders by e-mail or fax in the format you prescribe. Your eVA catalog will standardize your orders, simplify your order fulfillment process and reduce processing costs.
Vendors who are not registered with eVA are no longer on the county's master bidders list and are not receiving notices regarding future procurements by the county. By registering with eVA, vendors will receive notices of purchasing requirements from all agencies of the Commonwealth of Virginia and many local jurisdictions - not just Fairfax County. You may get assistance in the registration process at http://evaregishelp.dgs.state.va.us/ or by calling 1-866-289-7367, TTY 711.
For more information about eVA or the county procurement process, call