Supervisors Appoint New Vice Chairman for Board
Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 551
Fairfax, VA 22035-0065
703-324-3187, TTY 703-324-2935, FAX 703-324-2010
Jan. 5, 2004
Supervisors Appoint New Vice Chairman for Board: Committee Assignments Also Made at First Meeting of 2004
At its meeting this morning, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors selected Supervisor Sharon Bulova (Braddock District) as the new vice chairman of the Board. She replaces Supervisor Gerry Hyland who has held that post the previous eight years and who remains on the board representing the Mount Vernon District. Board chairman Gerald Connolly thanked Hyland for his service as vice chairman and noted that Hyland had done an “outstanding job representing the citizens of Fairfax County.”
Also during the meeting, new committee appointments were made by the Board. Among the committee assignments were:
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority: Dana Kauffman (Lee District). Alternate - Supervisor Catherine Hudgins (Hunter Mill District).
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Board of Directors: Supervisor Penelope Gross (Mason District), Hudgins and Connolly.
- Inova Health Systems Board: Supervisor Elaine McConnell (Springfield District).
- IHS Hospitals Board: Gross and Hyland.
- Northern Virginia Regional Commission: Connolly, Bulova, Gross, Hudgins, McConnell, Joan DuBois (Dranesville District) and Linda Smyth (Providence District).
- Virginia Association of Counties Regional Directors: Gross, Hudgins and Kauffman.
- Liaison with Central Fairfax Chamber of Commerce: Bulova.
Other committee assignments included Fairfax County Government board committees:
- Audit Committee: Connolly, Bulova and McConnell
- Board Procedures Committee: Gross (chairman) and DuBois (co-chairman)
- Budget Policy and Reorganization Committee: Bulova (chairman) and DuBois (co-chairman).
- Development Process Committee: Michael Frey (Sully District), chairman and Gross (co-chairman).
- Economic Advisory Committee: McConnell (chairman), Connolly and Hudgins.
- Environmental Committee: Gross (chairman) and Bulova (vice chairman).
- Fire Commission: Connolly
- Housing and Community Development Committee: Hudgins (chairman) and Kauffman (vice chairman).
- Human Services Committee: Hudgins (chairman) and Gross (vice chairman).
- Information Technology Committee: Smyth (chairman) and Hudgins (vice chairman).
- Legislative Committee: Connolly (chairman).
- Personnel and Reorganization Committee: Gross (chairman) and DuBois (vice chairman).
- Revitalization Committee: Hyland (chairman), Gross, Kauffman and Connolly.
- Transportation Committee: McConnell (chairman) and Hudgins (vice chairman).
A complete list of committee assignments is available from the Office of Public Affairs. Call 703-324-3187, TTY 703-324-2935.