FAIRFAX CONNECTOR Announces Bus Route Changes Beginning Feb. 13 Four Routes Are Affected
Fairfax County Office of Public
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 551
Fairfax, VA 22035-0065
703-324-3187, TTY 703-324-2935, FAX 703-324-2010
Feb. 8, 2005
FAIRFAX CONNECTOR Announces Bus Route Changes
Beginning Feb. 13 Four Routes Are
Changes to FAIRFAX CONNECTOR bus routes 231, 232, 301 and 304 will be implemented Sunday, Feb. 13, 2005. New timetables for each of these four routes are available on-board FAIRFAX CONNECTOR buses, at the Connector Store in Springfield Mall, or by calling the FAIRFAX CONNECTOR telephone information center at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608. Electronic versions of the new schedules are available online at www.fairfaxconnector.com.
Changes to Routes 231 and 232, the Kingstowne Line clockwise and counter-clockwise loops, are as follows:
- Island Creek will be added to both routes to provide a connection between Island Creek and the Van Dorn Street Metro Station. However, Island Creek will be served in the a.m. only by Route 231 and in the p.m. only by Route 232. Mountain View Lane south of View Lane will not be served by these routes.
- New schedules will be implemented to reflect the above routing changes and to address running time problems in the current schedules of these two routes.
Changes to Route 301, the Telegraph Road Line, are as follows:
- The first two a.m. trips in both the eastbound and westbound directions will not serve the Hayfield Farm, Vantage and Deer Run Crossing neighborhoods.
- In the a.m., the Vantage and Deer Run Crossing neighborhoods will be served only by eastbound trips going to the Huntington Metro Station. Westbound a.m. trips to the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station will not serve these neighborhoods.
- In the p.m., the Vantage and Deer Run Crossing neighborhoods will be served only by westbound trips originating at the Huntington Metro Station. Eastbound p.m. trips to the Huntington Metro Station will not serve these neighborhoods.
- A new schedule will be implemented reflecting the routing changes described above.
Changes to Route 304, the Saratoga Line, are as follows:
- A new schedule will be implemented that removes excess running time between the Northumberland at Rolling Road and Donegal at Rolling Road timepoints. Trip departure times at the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station will remain the same as currently scheduled. In the a.m., this schedule change will allow adequate time for connecting with the FAIRFAX CONNECTOR route 380 Pentagon Express Route.
For more information, please call the FAIRFAX
CONNECTOR Information Center at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608, visit the
Springfield Mall Connector Store (located on the lower level near
Target), or visit the Web site at www.fairfaxconnector.com.
FAIRFAX COUNTY IS COMMITTED TO A POLICY OF NONDISCRIMINATION IN ALL COUNTY PROGRAMS, SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES AND WILL PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS UPON REQUEST. TO REQUEST SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS, CALL 703-324-3187, TTY 703-324-2935. PLEASE ALLOW FIVE WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE OF EVENTS IN ORDER TO MAKE THE NECESSARY ARRANGEMENTS