Inspectors to Assist in Hurricane Katrina Recovery
Fairfax County Office of Public
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 551
Fairfax, VA 22035-0065
703-324-3187, TTY 711, FAX 703-324-2010
Nov. 9, 2005
Note to editor: A photo of the Fairfax County team is available upon request.
Northern Virginia Regional Team of Inspectors
to Assist in Hurricane Katrina Recovery Efforts
Fairfax County will be deploying a team of five building inspectors to assist in the Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts in Mississippi. The team departed this morning and will meet up with other inspectors from the Northern Virginia region, which includes two members from the City of Manassas and three from Loudoun County.
The team will stage in Jackson, Miss., and will work in the Biloxi area for two weeks. Staff from the following jurisdictions and specialties are being deployed:
- Craig Williams (team leader), engineer II (electrical plan reviewer)
- Johnny Vannoy, combination inspector (residential inspections)
- Ricky Lake, master combination inspector (residential inspections)
- Pernell Wheeler, engineer II (structural plan reviewer)
- Balbir Kalra, engineer II (critical structures)
- Dennis Mitchell, deputy building official
- J.D. Mitchell, field supervisor for fire inspections
- Sam Harris, fire inspector
City of Manassas
- Frank Teevan, fire inspector/assistant fire marshall
- Tom Ferguson, senior plan reviewer/code administrator
For more information on the deployment, call the Office of Public Affairs at 703-324-3187, TTY 711.