Pandemic Flu Business Summit Speakers
Fairfax County Office of
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 551
Fairfax, VA 22035-0065
703-324-3187, TTY 711, FAX 703-324-2010
May 17, 2006
Speakers Announced for Fairfax County Pandemic Flu Business Summit
Speakers and presenters have been announced for Fairfax County’s Pandemic Flu Business Summit on Friday, May 26, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Leaders from a variety of industries will give presentations and serve on panels as Fairfax County businesses come together to address planning needs in preparation for a possible pandemic.
Gerald E. Connolly, chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, will welcome those in attendance and offer opening remarks. Gloria Addo-Ayensu, M.D., M.P.H., director of health for Fairfax County, will provide a pandemic flu overview, and C. Douglas Bass, coordinator of the county’s Office of Emergency Management, will speak on critical infrastructure planning.
Following the opening presentations, three concurrent panel sessions will be held. Panels and presenters include:
“Maintaining Continuity of Utility Service”
- Dominion Virginia Power – Steve Chafin, manager of delivery operations
- Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative – Mike Curtis, vice president of public relations
- Verizon – Cheryl Hoover, area manager, Northern Virginia; and Jay Quade, local manager
- Cox Communications – Jason Welz, vice president, Cox Business Services
- Fairfax Water – George Hoke, security and safety manager
- Fairfax County Department of Public Works and Environmental Services – Kailash Gupta, director, Wastewater Treatment Division
- Fairfax County Department of Information Technology – Wanda Gibson, director of the Department of Information Technology and Chief Technology Officer
“Maintaining Health and Food Supplies”
- Inova – Fran Vasaly, clinical outcomes specialist at Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Reston Hospital – Debbie Kalunian, director of infection control
- CVS – Bob Bagnato, district manager
- Rite Aid – Billy Lambrinides, pharmacy development manager
- Subway – John Sollmita, store owner and member of the Subway regional advertising board
- Wal-Mart – Al Oglesby, assistant manager, Fairfax Wal-Mart
“Maintaining Operations of Public Schools and Child Care Centers”
- Fairfax County Public Schools – Doug O’Neill, coordinator for safety and environmental health
- Fairfax County Department of Family Services – Judith Rosen, director, Office for Children
- La Petite Academy – To be determined
Following the informational sessions, the summit will conclude with presentations on legal issues and communications. Cheryl Falvey with Akin, Gump, Krauss, Hauer, Feld LLP will present on legal issues, and Tim Sargeant with Washington Gas will discuss communication issues business owners need to consider.
To register for the business summit, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/opa/summitreg.htm. For more information on the Fairfax County Pandemic Flu Business Summit, contact the Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs at 703-324-3187, TTY 711.
Information about pandemic flu and Fairfax County’s planning process is available at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/pandemicflu.