Third Town Meeting; Emergency Shelter to Close
Fairfax County Office of Public
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 551
Fairfax, VA 22035-0065
703-324-3187, TTY 711, FAX 703-324-2010
June 28, 2006
UPDATE: Third Town Meeting Held at 3 p.m. Today;
Emergency Shelter Closes
FAQ's Available on Web Site
New announcements and information regarding the flooding in the Arlington Terrace neighborhood:
- A town meeting will be held today, June 28, at 3 p.m. at Edison High School, 5801 Franconia Road, Alexandria, for residents affected by the flooding in the Arlington Terrace neighborhood. Representatives from Fairfax County agencies will be on hand to provide information about services and programs, as well as answer questions. This is the third town meeting held by the county this week.
- The emergency shelter at Edison High School has closed today. Residents who need shelter should contact the American Red Cross at 703-584-8700, TTY 711.
- The service center at Edison High School, which provides one-stop shop assistance from county staff, will be open until 8 p.m. tonight.
- Salvation Army, in conjunction with the American Red Cross, will be providing free meals throughout the weekend to those affected by flooding in the Arlington Terrace neighborhood, and for staff members and volunteers on scene. Mobile units will be dispatched throughout the neighborhood for lunch between noon and 2 p.m., and for dinner between 5 and 7 p.m.
- A frequently asked questions list for Arlington Terrace and Belle View/New Alexandria area residents has been compiled and posted to the Fairfax County Web site at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/flooding.htm. It provides information on who to contact for various services, personal safety and health tips, and what steps to take if homes have been flooded.
For more information, please call the Fairfax County Emergency Information Line at 703-817-7771, TTY 711, or visit the county’s Web site at www.fairfaxcounty.gov.
Note to Media: For more information, please contact Merni Fitzgerald at 703-502-6098 or 703-324-NEWS (6397).