Storm Sewer and Flood Response Assistance Centers Established

Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 551
Fairfax, VA 22035-0065
703-324-3187, TTY 711, FAX 703-324-2010

June 28, 2006

Storm Sewer and Flood Response
Assistance Centers Established

Residents across the county who have experienced property damage resulting from recent sewer and flood incidents will be provided information and assistance from Fairfax County at multiple locations listed below. This service is being provided on a walk-in basis; appointments are not required. Representatives from the Fairfax County Risk Management Division, Department of Public Works and Environmental Services and the Health Department will provide one-on-one assistance and information about:

  • Claim Reporting Process
  • Sewer Back-up/Flood Response Process
  • Health-related Issues
  • Other Information Resources
  • Resident Questions/Concerns

The assistance centers will be located on these dates at:

Thursday, June 29
Franconia Governmental Center
6121 Franconia Road, Springfield
7 a.m. to noon

Mason Governmental Center
6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale
3 to 8 p.m.

Friday, June 30
Mason Governmental Center
7 a.m. to noon

Franconia Governmental Center
3 to 8 p.m.

Wednesday, July 12
Mason Governmental Center
7 a.m. to noon

South County Center
8350 Richmond Highway, Alexandria
3 to 8 p.m.

Thursday, July 13
Franconia Governmental Center
3 to 8 p.m.

Assistance also will be available at the Emergency Service Center. For location information, visit

These assistance centers are intended to provide information and offer assistance to Fairfax County residents who have experienced damage from flooding or sewer blockage. If you have an immediate emergency, please contact any one of the following:

  • For sewer backups, overflows and odors, call the Wastewater Collection Division 24-hour Trouble Response Center at 703-323-1211, TTY 711.
  • For general assistance due to flooding, call the county’s Public Safety Communication Center at 703-691-2131, TTY 711.
  • For flooded dwellings and blocked storm drains, call the Department of Public Works and Environmental Services at 703-934-2800, TTY 711.

The assistance and information provided at these sites is intended to respond to resident needs presented at that time. Fairfax County will not make any claims determinations and/or decisions at these locations. However, staff will be able to explain the appropriate process and timetable for a resident to expect decisions related to a claim filed with the county and will make confirmed appointments for inspections by claims adjusters.

For more information or to request reasonable ADA accommodations, contact Lisa Marston at 703-324-3074, TTY 711, or Teri Flynn at 703-324-3599, TTY 711. For additional information on recovering from flooding, visit or call 703-817-7771, TTY 711.


To request this information in an alternate format, call the Office of Public Affairs at 703-324-3187, TTY 711.

Contact Fairfax County: Phone, Email or Twitter | Main Address: 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035
Technical Questions: Web Administrator

ADA Accessibility | Website Accessibility
Awards | FOIA | Mobile | Using this Site | Web Disclaimer & Privacy Policy | Get Adobe Reader
Official site of the County of Fairfax, Virginia, © Copyright 2015

Website Feedback Website Feedback    Globe with various flags representing Web site language translations   Language Translations

Return to Graphic Version