Spring Neighborhood College Sessions
Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 551
Fairfax, VA 22035-0065
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director of Public Affairs
703-324-3187, TTY 711, Fax 703-324-2010
Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
April 13, 2007
Spring Into Action With Upcoming Neighborhood College Sessions
Get connected with your community this spring through two upcoming Neighborhood College sessions that provide residents with valuable information about Fairfax County. Residents will learn how to work with neighbors, community organizations and local government to strengthen neighborhoods, build community capacity and promote a strong sense of community.
For the Neighborhood College sponsored by the Department of Systems Management for Human Services in cooperation with the Disability Services Planning and Development Office of Fairfax County’s Department of Family Services:
- Classes are scheduled on seven consecutive Thursdays, May 3 to June 14, at the ARC of Northern Virginia, 100 North Washington St., Suite 234, Falls Church.
- Sessions will run from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Classes are free and light breakfast will be served; if necessary, child care will be provided.
- The deadline for registration is Thursday, April 26. To register or for ADA accommodations, contact Nicole Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-533-5701, TTY 703-803-7914. Please allow a minimum of seven working days in advance of April 26 to make necessary ADA arrangements.
- Persons with disabilities are encouraged to register.
For the Burke and West Springfield Neighborhood College sponsored by Systems Management:
- Classes will be held on six consecutive Thursdays, April 26 to May 31, at the Pohick Regional Library, 6450 Sydenstricker Road, Burke.
- Sessions will run from 6:30 to 9 p.m
- Classes are free and dinner will be provided at no charge.
- For additional information on how to register and for ADA accommodations, please contact Paulette Whiteside at 703-324-5285, TTY 711, or e-mail email@example.com.
For more news and information, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news.