Foreclosure Information Meeting to Be Held Sept. 25
Sept. 10, 2008
- Free meeting for homeowners and renters.
- Registration required due to limited seating; call 703-471-5076 (TTY 711).
- Information about foreclosures available online or by phone.
Dranesville District Supervisor John W. Foust will host a foreclosure information meeting for county homeowners and renters on Thursday, Sept. 25. The event will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Herndon Neighborhood Resource Center, 1086 Elden Street, Herndon.
Homeowners can find out about:
- Strategies to prevent foreclosure.
- Options when mortgage payments are no longer affordable.
- Predatory lending practices.
- Foreclosure rescue scams.
Renters can get information about:
- What to do if the property they are renting is facing foreclosure.
- How mortgage foreclosure affects a rental dwelling.
- What happens after the foreclosure is final.
Information will be presented by the Homeownership Division of the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD), and the Consumer Affairs Branch of the Department of Cable Communications and Consumer Protection. Representatives from Legal Services of Northern Virginia also will be available to answer questions.
Seating is limited and registration is required. To register, call the Dranesville District Herndon office at 703-471-5076, TTY 711. For reasonable ADA accommodations, call 703-246-5101, TTY 711.
Homeowners who are unable to attend but would like more information can contact the Homeownership Resource Center of the HCD weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 703-246-5087, TTY 703-385-3578. Renters with questions about rental housing in foreclosure or homeowners seeking to avoid foreclosure rescue scams should contact the Consumer Affairs Branch weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 703-222-8435, TTY 711.
Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 551
Fairfax, VA 22035-0065
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director of Public Affairs
703-324-3187, TTY 711, Fax 703-324-2010
Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
Fairfax County is committed to
nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all county programs,
services and activities. To request this information in an alternate
format, call the Office of Public Affairs at 703-324-3187, TTY 711.