Get Connected at Pimmit Hills Neighborhood College
Oct. 3, 2008
- Applications now accepted for the 2008 Pimmit Hills Neighborhood College.
- Registration deadline for free classes is Oct. 13; class size is limited.
- To apply, call 703-787-4962, TTY 703-803-7914, or e-mail email@example.com.
The Fairfax County Department of Systems Management for Human Services is now accepting applications for the 2008 Pimmit Hills Neighborhood College. The registration deadline for these free classes is Oct. 13, and class size is limited.
Classes will take place weekly on Thursday evenings from Oct. 16 through Nov. 20, from 6:30 to 9 p.m., at the Pimmit Hills Senior Center, 7501 Lisle Avenue, Falls Church. A light meal will be served and on-site child care will be available.
The Neighborhood College is an award-winning civic engagement program open to residents interested in learning about Fairfax County and how to work with neighbors, community organizations and local government to strengthen neighborhoods, build community capacity and promote a strong sense of community.
Through a combination of lectures, group discussions and practicums, participants will:
- Learn about Fairfax County Government and how it works.
- Understand demographic profiles and trends in community context.
- Learn about available resources and services, and ways to gain access.
- Find out how to work effectively in diverse neighborhoods and communities.
- Explore ways to get involved in their communities.
- Become effective community leaders.
For more information or to request an application, contact Isabel Taramasco, Fairfax County Department of Systems Management for Human Services, at 703-787-4962, TTY 703-803-7914, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 551
Fairfax, VA 22035-0065
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director of Public Affairs
703-324-3187, TTY 711, Fax 703-324-2010
Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
Fairfax County is committed to
nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all county programs,
services and activities. To request this information in an alternate
format, call the Office of Public Affairs at 703-324-3187, TTY 711.