Foreclosure Town Hall Meeting to Be Held Jan. 8
Dec. 15, 2008
- Free meeting for homeowners and renters in Fairfax County.
- Registration required due to limited seating; call 703-478-0283, TTY 711.
- Information about foreclosures available online or by calling the county.
- Local agencies that provide assistance with food, clothing and housing will be on hand.
Hunter Mill District Supervisor Catherine Hudgins will host a town hall meeting on the foreclosure crisis for homeowners and renters who live in the county on Thursday, Jan. 8. The event will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Reston Community Center, 2310 Colts Neck Road, Reston.
Homeowners can find out about:
- Strategies to prevent foreclosure.
- Workout options when mortgage payments are no longer affordable.
- Predatory lending practices.
- Foreclosure rescue scams.
Renters can get information about:
- What to do if the property they are renting is facing foreclosure.
- How mortgage foreclosure affects a rental dwelling.
- What happens after the foreclosure is final.
Information will be presented by the Homeownership Division of the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD), and the Consumer Affairs Branch of the Department of Cable Communications and Consumer Protection. Representatives from Legal Services of Northern Virginia will be available to provide foreclosure counseling and answer questions. Local agencies and organizations that provide assistance with food, clothing and housing will be on hand.
Seating is limited so register early. To sign up, call the Hunter Mill District Office at 703-478-0283, TTY 711. For reasonable ADA accommodations, call 703-246-5101.
Homeowners who are unable to attend but would like more information may contact the Homeownership Resource Center of the HCD weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 703-246-5087, TTY 703-385-3578. Renters with questions about rental housing in foreclosure or homeowners seeking to avoid foreclosure rescue scams should contact the Fairfax County Consumer Affairs Branch weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 703-222-8435, TTY 711.
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director, Office of Public Affairs
703-324-3189, TTY 711, Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
To request this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-3187, TTY 711