Jan. 2 Furlough Schedules for Fairfax County Government
Dec. 17, 2008
- The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved a furlough day without pay for Fairfax County Government employees on Friday, Jan. 2, and services will be affected.
- The furlough is a result of the projected revenue shortfall for the current fiscal year (FY 2009, which began July 1 and ends June 30, 2009).
- Employees who work in 24/7 mission-essential public safety and nonpublic safety positions to maintain public health and safety are exempted due to the nature of the work.
County Government Offices – Closed.
Courts – Closed. County employees on furlough; state employees have scheduled day off.
Police Department – Central Record Office closed.
Public Schools – Closed, not due to furlough day, students and teachers on winter break.
Libraries – Closed.
Fairfax Connector – Regular weekday service.
Fastran – Critical medical appointments only.
Park Authority – All RECenters and Resource Management Division sites, such as nature centers, historic sites, Frying Pan Farm Park and Green Spring Gardens, closed.
Community, Teen and Senior Centers – Closed with exceptions.*
County Trash and Recycling Collection – Sanitary districts with trash and recycling collection on Friday will receive service as scheduled.
Recycling and Disposal Facilities at I-66 Transfer Station and I-95 Landfill Complex – Open.
Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board –
- 24/7 emergency services open at Woodburn Center, 703-573-5679, TTY 711.
- All CSB programs that serve people in a residential setting with 24/7 staffing coverage will be open.
- Outpatient and case management services closed, but backed up by 24/7 emergency services.
* The McLean Community Center will be closed, except for the Winter Break program and evening performances. The Reston Community Center Hunter Woods will be open on Jan. 2 from 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; the Lake Anne Center will be closed.
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director, Office of Public Affairs
703-324-3189, TTY 711, Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
To request this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-3187, TTY 711