Braddock District Town Hall Meeting is Oct. 21
Oct. 9, 2009
Braddock District Supervisor John C. Cook is inviting Braddock District residents to attend a town hall meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 21, 7:30 p.m. at the Lake Braddock Secondary School cafeteria, 9200 Burke Lake Road, Burke. At the meeting, Cook will formally launch the Braddock District Community Engagement Initiative.
“This multi-phase initiative will provide leadership training, engage people to become active in their neighborhoods and ultimately, build stronger communities,” said Cook. “The aim is to generate a renewed sense of community and a new wave of volunteer service.”
The town hall meeting will include:
- An introduction to the daylong Leadership Institute scheduled for January 2010.
- An overview of the county’s Neighborhood College program, an award-winning civic engagement program open to residents interested in learning about Fairfax County and how to work with neighbors, community organizations and local government.
There also will be booths with information from several county and community organizations, including:
- Braddock District Council.
- The Police Department’s Neighborhood Watch program.
- Fairfax Area Agency on Aging.
- Volunteer Fairfax.
To register or for more information, e-mail the Braddock District Office at email@example.com, or call 703- 425-9300, TTY 711.
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director, Office of Public Affairs
703-324-3189, TTY 711, Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
To request this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-3187, TTY 711