Bulova Chairs First Meeting; Gross Elected Vice Chairman
Feb. 9, 2009
Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chairman Sharon Bulova chaired her first meeting today since her election as chairman on Feb. 3. She was sworn in on Feb. 6. At the meeting, Supervisor Penelope A. Gross, Mason District, was chosen by the board as vice chairman, which is a one-year term. The Braddock District supervisor position is currently vacant; a special election will be held March 10 to fill the seat.
Board members are in the second year of their four-year terms:
- Sharon Bulova, chairman, at-large.
- Penelope A. Gross, vice chairman, Mason District.
- Vacant, Braddock District.
- John W. Foust, Dranesville District.
- Catherine M. Hudgins, Hunter Mill District.
- Jeffrey C. McKay, Lee District.
- Gerald W. Hyland, Mount Vernon District.
- Linda Q. Smyth, Providence District.
- Pat Herrity, Springfield District.
- Michael R. Frey, Sully District.
For more information, including this year’s meeting schedule, links to board members Web pages, podcasts and more, visit the Board of Supervisors Web page.
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director, Office of Public Affairs
703-324-3189, TTY 711, Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
To request this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-3187, TTY 711