Avoid Park and Ride Lots Due to Snow
Feb. 8, 2010
Fairfax County is encouraging residents to avoid the park and ride lots during the ongoing snow emergency affecting the area. Snow removal work continues but is expected to slow as the next storm front moves in Tuesday, Feb. 9.
Currently many spaces at the park and ride lots are taken up by mounds of snow and any additional parked cars may delay the continuing snow removal efforts. Residents may contact the Fairfax County Emergency Information Line at 703-817-7771, TTY 711 for more information; voice mail messages will be monitored and returned.
Emergency information and status updates will be available on:
- Fairfax County’s Web site
- Emergency information phone line (703-817-7771)
- Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN)
- Fairfax County Government Channel 16.
- In addition, 1670 AM, emergency radio for Fairfax County, is broadcasting continuous weather information directly from the National Weather Service.
Additional winter weather preparedness information can be found online. In addition, emergency contact numbers for public utilities is online should residents lose electricity, gas, telephone, cable, Internet or water service.
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director, Office of Public Affairs
703-324-3189, TTY 711, Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
To request this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-3187, TTY 711