Board of Supervisors Holds First Meeting in 2010
Jan. 12, 2010
The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors held its first meeting of the year today, and Mason District Supervisor Penelope A. Gross was chosen by the board as vice chairman for the second consecutive year. Sharon Bulova enters her second year as chairman. Board meetings will be held on Tuesdays in 2010 and the complete schedule can be found online.
Board members are currently in the third year of their four-year terms. The complete list of board members and the districts they serve is:
- Sharon Bulova, chairman, at-large
- Penelope A. Gross, vice chairman, Mason District
- John C. Cook, Braddock District
- John W. Foust, Dranesville District
- Catherine M. Hudgins, Hunter Mill District
- Jeffrey C. McKay, Lee District
- Gerald W. Hyland, Mount Vernon District
- Linda Q. Smyth, Providence District
- Pat Herrity, Springfield District
- Michael R. Frey, Sully District
Also at the meeting, board members were appointed to various regional agencies, committees and subcommittees. Of note, Foust was named vice chairman of the Budget Policy Committee, chaired by Bulova.
Last December, the board unanimously adopted a set of Goals and Priorities to guide it during the years ahead. Recent accomplishments include:
- Holding a series of budget community dialogues.
- Adopting an energy policy to support environmental stewardship.
- Helping residents who are facing foreclosures on their homes.
- Funding key transportation projects, including Rail to Dulles and HOT Lanes.
- Continuing the redevelopment of Tysons Corner.
For more information, including this year’s meeting schedule, podcasts and more, visit the Board of Supervisors Web page.
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director, Office of Public Affairs
703-324-3189, TTY 711, Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
To request this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-3187, TTY 711