Chairman Bulova to Deliver State of the County Address
July 13, 2010
In her State of the County address, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chairman Sharon Bulova will discuss the board’s accomplishments over the last six months and focus on the challenges in the future given the current economic climate.
The address will be aired on Fairfax County Government Channel 16 beginning Wednesday, July 14. It will air on Sundays and Fridays at 5:30 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. It also will be available on video on demand and the county’s YouTube channel.
Topics of the address include:
- Budget cuts and reductions taken last year.
- New ways to deliver services in a less costly manner, including reorganizational efficiencies.
- Regional partnerships and initiatives.
- Adoption of the Comprehensive Plan for the Transformation of Tysons.
- Transportation update, including HOT Lanes and the Dulles Rail project.
- The newly adopted Housing Blueprint.
- Energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Fairfax County’s diverse community.
The full text of the address will be available on the chairman’s Web page. For more information, contact the Chairman’s Office at 703-324-2321, TTY 711.
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director, Office of Public Affairs
703-324-3189, TTY 711, Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
To request this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-3187, TTY 711