Fairfax County Government Offices and Facilities Closed on Monday, Feb. 8
Feb. 7, 2010
Fairfax County Government offices will be closed on Monday, Feb. 8. Employees are granted emergency administrative leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
Full details available online,
including schools, transportation, courts and other facilities.
Emergency information and status updates will be available on:
- Fairfax County’s Web site
- Emergency information phone line (703-817-7771)
- Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN)
- Fairfax County Government Channel 16.
- In addition, 1670 AM, emergency radio for Fairfax County, is broadcasting continuous weather information directly from the National Weather Service.
Additional winter weather preparedness information can be found online. In addition, emergency contact numbers for public utilities is online should residents lose electricity, gas, telephone, cable, Internet or water service.
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director, Office of Public Affairs
703-324-3189, TTY 711, Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
To request this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-3187, TTY 711