I-66 Town Hall Meeting on Feb. 6
Feb. 2, 2010
UPDATE: Due to inclement weather, this meeting has been postponed.
Short- and long-term solutions to alleviate congestion on I-66 will be the topic of discussion at a town hall meeting on Saturday, Feb. 6, 10 a.m. to noon at Chantilly High School. A question-and-answer session is included.
The meeting is hosted by U.S. Rep. Frank Wolf, Fairfax County Springfield District Supervisor Pat Herrity and Sully District Supervisor Michael Frey. Staff from the Fairfax County Department of Transportation also will participate.
The topics to be discussed include:
- Extended use of shoulder lanes.
- Use of shoulder lanes on weekends.
- Non-High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) use of the ramps and Monument and Stringfellow interchanges during non-HOV times.
- Bus-only ramp at Nutley Street.
- I-495 and I-66 interchange.
- Status of the environmental impact statement for I-66.
- Bus rapid transit.
The town hall meeting will air on Fairfax County Government Channel 16 on Feb. 15, 20 and 24 at 8 p.m. and also will be available for viewing online under "Supervisor Programs."
For further information, contact the Springfield District Office at 703-451-8873, TTY 711.
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director, Office of Public Affairs
703-324-3189, TTY 711, Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
To request this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-3187, TTY 711