Upcoming Events in Annandale, Reston, McLean and More
Sept. 22, 2010
Upcoming events, festivals and fairs in Fairfax County:
Saturday, Sept. 25
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Naturalization Ceremony — 11 a.m., World Stage, Lake Anne Plaza, Reston. During the Tenth Annual Reston Multicultural Festival, 25 people will take the Oath of Allegiance and become American citizens. The festival is a day of global entertainment, food, crafts, activities and cultural demonstrations celebrating the community’s many diverse people
- Mason District Park Festival— 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., 6621 Columbia Pike, Annandale. Enjoy live music, crafts, children’s rides and more at this festival. Admission is free, but tickets must be purchased for the rides. Musical entertainers are Kristina Furey; Eric Peters; Joe Rathbone and Band; and Bill Mallonee. For more information or reasonable ADA accommodations, call 703-941-1730, TTY 711.
- “Lucille Liechty Day” in Braddock District — This day celebrates her 100th birthday. For more information, call 703-425-9300.
Sunday, Sept. 26
- Northern Virginia Memory Walk and Candlelight Rally — 4 p.m. (registration opens); 6 p.m. (program and walk begin); 7 p.m. (candlelight rally); Reston Town Center. The one-mile walk will be followed by a candlelight rally where family and friends can pay tribute to those they have lost or are losing to Alzheimer or other dementia.
Wednesday, Sept. 29
- Second annual Bird Bowl— 7:30 p.m. at Hayfield Secondary School. The field hockey teams for the Hayfield Secondary School Hawks and the Edison High School Eagles match up. Edison’s head coach, Ginger White, played for Hayfield in high school and is the mother of Hayfield’s head coach, Lauren White, who played for Edison in high school. The event is sponsored by Red, Hot and Blue, which will supply food during the game. The winning team will receive a trophy. Edison won last year’s game, 1-0. The schools’ football teams also will meet in the Bird Bowl on Friday, Nov. 5, at 7:30 p.m. at Hayfield.
Sunday, Oct. 3
- MPAartfest — 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, McLean Central Park, 1468 Dolley Madison Boulevard, McLean (intersection of Dolley Madison and Old Dominion Drive). The event will showcase and offer for sale the work of 40 juried artists. Live music and food also will be available. Admission is free, but a voluntary $5 donation to McLean Project for the Arts is suggested. Parking is only available at 6882 Elm Street; no parking at the Dolley Madison Library or McLean Community Center. Free shuttles will run from the parking lot to park. This event is sponsored by the McLean Project for the Arts; the McLean Community Center and Fairfax County Park Authority are partners. For more information, call MPA at 703-790-1953, TTY 711.
Contact: Merni Fitzgerald, Director, Office of Public Affairs
703-324-3189, TTY 711, Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397)
To request this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-3187, TTY 711