Board of Supervisors Holds First Meeting in 2011
Jan. 11, 2011
The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors held its first meeting of the year today, and Mason District Supervisor Penelope A. Gross was chosen by the board as vice chairman for the third consecutive year. Sharon Bulova enters her third year as chairman. Board meetings will be held on Tuesdays in 2011; the complete schedule can be found online.
Board members are currently in the fourth year of their four-year terms. The complete list of board members and the districts they serve is:
- Sharon Bulova, chairman, at-large
- Penelope A. Gross, vice chairman, Mason District
- John C. Cook, Braddock District
- John W. Foust, Dranesville District
- Catherine M. Hudgins, Hunter Mill District
- Jeffrey C. McKay, Lee District
- Gerald W. Hyland, Mount Vernon District
- Linda Q. Smyth, Providence District
- Pat Herrity, Springfield District
- Michael R. Frey, Sully District
Also at the meeting, board members were appointed to various regional agencies, committees and subcommittees.
More information is on the Board of Supervisors Web page.