Celebrate Fairfax! June 8 to 10
June 5, 2012
- Celebrate Fairfax! Festival is Friday, June 8 to Sunday, June 10
Information and advance online tickets at Celebrate Fairfax!
Come to Celebrate Fairfax! to enjoy rides, concerts, performing arts, exhibits, food and fireworks. The annual event is Friday, June 8, through Sunday, June 10, at the Fairfax County Government Center. Hours are: Friday, June 8, 6 p.m. to midnight; Saturday, June 9, 10 a.m. to midnight; Sunday, June 10, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
At the gate, admission to the festival is $12 for adults; $5 for children 3-10 years old; children under 3 are free. Seniors (65 years+) and active military are $10 at the gate. Tickets may also be purchased in advance through Celebrate Fairfax!’s online ticketing system.
Admission to the festival covers concerts, entertainment and exhibits for the day. Carnival rides are not included in the general admission price.
Celebrate Fairfax! will feature popular musical artists throughout the weekend. Headliners include Legends of Hip-Hop on Friday night; Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo on Saturday night; and The Legwarmers on Sunday afternoon. Additional information for the more than 90 performances showcased at the festival is available online.
The SAIC Fireworks are scheduled for 9:30 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday nights.
Absentee Voting at Celebrate Fairfax!
The Fairfax County Government Center will be open on Saturday, June 9, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the final day of absentee voting for the June 12 primary Absentee voters who want to vote on Saturday, June 9, but do not want to attend the festival should go to the Green Gate and notify event staff that you are there to absentee vote. Additional information in available online.
Parking and Free Shuttle Buses
Parking will not be available at the main Government Center Building during the festival. Parking will be available nearby behind the Pennino and Herrity buildings located on Post Forest Road and Government Center Parkway.
Free shuttle bus services is available from nearby remote parking facilities at Fair Lakes Circle and Fair Oaks Mall. The shuttle runs every 5-10 minutes. Directions to shuttle bus stops are available online.
Adjustments at the Government Center
At 6 p.m., Thursday, June 7, the center entrance roads (Red and
Yellow Gates) will be closed to vehicular traffic until Monday
morning. All vehicles entering or leaving Government Center
garages or parking lots must use the south entrance road.
Connector Route Changes Through Sunday, June 10 – Until
Sunday, June 10, Fairfax Connector buses will not enter the Government
Center. Routes 605, 621 and 623 will be altered as follows:
- Route 605 Northbound: This route will start at the “Yellow Gate” of Celebrate Fairfax! on Government Center Parkway, turn left onto Post Forest Road, turn right onto West Ox Road and then turn right onto Legato Road where regular routing will be resumed.
- Route 605 Southbound at Monument Drive and Government Center Parkway: These buses will continue on Monument Drive to Government Center Parkway, make a right on Government Center Parkway and proceed to the “Yellow Gate” of the festival where the route will end.
- Route 621 and Route 623: Afternoon trips will continue on Government Center Parkway and make a left turn onto Post Forest Road.
- Route 623: In the mornings, these buses will continue on Government Center Parkway to Monument Drive.
Route 621: It will continue to operate between the Vienna Metro
Station and the Government Center on Friday.
Visitor Access and Parking at the Government Center on Wednesday,
June 6 through Friday, June 8 – Visitor parking during
business hours will only be permitted in the lot on the left, closest
to the building. If no spaces are available, visitors will be directed
elsewhere by security officers. Vehicles will only be able to enter the
Government Center from the south entrance near Forum Drive. All other
entrances will be closed.
- Government Center Business – Government Center offices will be closed to employees and visitors from 5 p.m. Friday, June 8, until 6 a.m. Monday, June 11. Many of the activities that residents come to the Government Center to transact, such as renewing library books and paying property taxes, also can be performed online.
Additional information on Celebrate Fairfax! is available online or by contacting Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. at 703-324-3247, TTY 711.