One Stop for DMV and County Services at Government Center Sept. 26 and 27
Sept. 17, 2012
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles’ DMV 2 Go customer service van will be at the Fairfax County Government Center on Wednesday, Sept. 26 and Thursday, Sept. 27, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Government Center is located at 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax. DMV 2 Go will be parked near the front of the building.
DMV 2 Go offers all DMV services, including:
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals and transcripts.
- Apply for or renew your ID card - available for adults and children.
- Apply for or renew your driver's license - take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken. Reinstate driving privileges.
- Get a copy of your driving record.
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals, transcripts.
- Order disabled parking placards or plates.
- Update DMV records, as well as your voter registration record, with address change, etc.
- Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to set up a myDMV account.
Fairfax County Department of Tax Administration Services
This is also a convenient opportunity for residents to visit the Department of Tax Administration in Suite 223 to take care of transactions, including those below.
- Personal Property (car) Tax - Deadline is Friday, Oct. 5
- Outstanding parking tickets
- Business, Professional and Occupational License (BPOL)
- Real Estate Tax
Office of Elections
While you are at the Government Center, visit the Office of Elections in Suite 323. Staff are available to answer questions about how you can become an election officer, as well as other information related to the Nov. 6 election including voter registration, absentee voting and your polling place location.