Feb. 8 Open House to Discuss Redevelopment of Crescent Apartments Site
Jan. 30, 2012
- Public invited to an open house on Feb. 8 at the Jo Ann Rose Gallery for a discussion about the redevelopment of the 16-acre site where the Crescent Apartments are located.
- Redevelopment of this site will create more workforce housing and spur the revitalization of the Lake Anne area.
To discuss the revitalization of the 16-acre site where the Crescent Apartments are located, Fairfax County will be holding an open house on Feb. 8 from 7-9 p.m. at the Reston Community Center’s Jo Ann Rose Gallery at 609 Washington Plaza North, Suite A, Reston.
The county plans to seek a developer to redevelop the Crescent site in conformance with the Comprehensive Plan. The solicitation will also encourage developers to assemble additional properties within the Lake Anne Village Center for a consolidated redevelopment of the area.
The redevelopment of this site is intended to create more affordable housing in the area, as well as act as a catalyst for the revitalization of Lake Anne.
“Fairfax County invested in the Crescent Apartments to preserve affordable housing,” said Hunter Mill District Supervisor Cathy Hudgins. “The Crescent redevelopment advances the Fairfax Board’s goal and hopefully serves to rekindle the vibrancy of Lake Anne Village Center.”
The open house will discuss the goals of the redevelopment project which include:
- Creating a high quality development that compliments the existing Lake Anne Community
- Ensuring diverse housing options exist in Lake Anne, including workforce, senior and affordable housing
- Enhancing pedestrian, and bicycle connections throughout the Lake Anne area
- Increasing the viability of the Lake Anne Village Center by adding new residents
For more information or reasonable ADA accomodations, please contact Bridget Hill with the Fairfax County Office of Community Revitalization at 703-324-9306, TTY 711.
# # #