Primary Election Is June 11; Open to All Eligible Voters
May 16, 2013
The Virginia Democratic Primary is Tuesday, June 11, and all 237 Fairfax County poll locations will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Voting for the primary is open to all registered voters. The ballot includes Democratic candidates for lieutenant governor, attorney general, and in the 86th District, for a member of the House of Delegates. The Republican candidates will be chosen at a state convention held May 17 and 18 in Richmond.
The Virginia General Election is Nov. 5, and will include elections for governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general and the House of Delegates.
What you need to know:
- Absentee voting is underway – more information on deadlines and process. (Note – Celebrate Fairfax! will be taking place on June 8, the last day of absentee voting, and voters may experience traffic congestion or delays.)
- Check your voter registration status and your polling location here.
- Are you a new resident or will be turning 18 on or before Nov. 5? The deadline to register to vote for the primary is May 20. Register to vote.
- Apply to be an election officer – training schedule and qualifications.
- More information on primary, including sample ballots.
For more information, contact the Fairfax County Office of Elections at 703-222-0776, TTY 711, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.