What You Need to Know Before You Go to Vote
Nov. 1, 2013
Polls in Virginia are open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 5. Make sure you are ready to vote by taking these steps:
- Know Your Polling Place: Check the Virginia State Board of Elections Website to make sure you know your registration status and polling place.
- Review Your Sample Ballot: Sample ballots are available online by House of Delegates district.
- Learn About the School Bond Question: Voters will be asked to vote Yes or No on the $250 million school bond question.
- Download the Fairfax County App on Your Smartphone for Voting Info on the Go: More information.
- Bring a Form of ID to Vote: Handy chart (PDF) from the Virginia State Board of Elections (photo ID is not required).
Follow @fairfaxvotes on Twitter all day for election updates. Look for election results after polls close at 7 p.m.