Celebrate Fairfax! June 6 to 8
June 2, 2014
Come to Celebrate Fairfax! to enjoy rides, concerts, performing arts, exhibits, food and fireworks. The annual event is Friday, June 6, through Sunday, June 8, at the Fairfax County Government Center. Hours are: Friday, June 6, 6 p.m. to midnight; Saturday, June 7, 10 a.m. to midnight; Sunday, June 8, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
At the gate, admission to the festival is $15 for adults (Sunday $7); $5 for children 3-12 years old; children 3 and under are free. Seniors (55 years+) and active military are $10 at the gate. Tickets (including early bird discount tickets) may also be purchased in advance through Celebrate Fairfax!’s online ticketing system ($2.50 service charge per order).
Admission to the festival covers concerts, entertainment and exhibits for the day. Carnival rides are not included in the general admission price.
Celebrate Fairfax! will feature popular musical artists throughout the weekend. Headliners include The All-American Rejects on Friday night; Cheap Trick on Saturday night; and The Hunts on Sunday afternoon. Additional information for the more than 90 performances showcased at the festival is available online.
Fireworks presented by Leidos are scheduled for 9:30 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday nights.
The Fairfax County Government Center will be open on Friday, June 6 (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and Saturday, June 7 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) for the final two days of absentee voting for the June 10 primary. Absentee voters who come to the Government Center should go to the Green Gate (south entrance) where they will be given priority parking and assistance.
In-person absentee voting also is available at the Mount Vernon Governmental Center, 2511 Parkers Lane, Alexandria, Friday, June 6, 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday, June 7, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.Parking and Free Shuttle Buses
Parking will not be available at the main Government Center Building during the festival. Parking will be available nearby behind the Pennino and Herrity buildings located on Post Forest Road and Government Center Parkway.
Free shuttle bus services is available from nearby remote parking facilities at Fair Lakes Circle and Fair Oaks Mall. The shuttle runs every 5-10 minutes. Directions to shuttle bus stops are available online.
Adjustments at the Government Center
- At 6 p.m., Thursday, June 5, the center entrance roads (Red and Yellow Gates) will be closed to vehicular traffic until Monday morning. All vehicles entering or leaving Government Center garages or parking lots must use the south entrance road.
- Fairfax Connector Route Changes Through Sunday, June 8 – Fairfax Connector buses will not enter the Government Center. Routes 605, 621 and 623 will be altered.
- Visitor Access and Parking at the Government Center on Wednesday, June 4 through Friday, June 6 – Visitor parking during business hours will only be permitted in the lot on the left, closest to the building. If no spaces are available, visitors will be directed elsewhere by security officers. Vehicles will only be able to enter the Government Center from the south entrance near Forum Drive. All other entrances will be closed. Video: Information on parking at the Fairfax County Government Center June 2-6.
- Government Center Business – Government Center offices will be closed to employees and visitors from 5 p.m. Friday, June 6, until 6 a.m. Monday, June 9. Many of the activities that residents come to the Government Center to transact, such as renewing library books and paying property taxes, also can be performed online.
- The Thursday Government Center farmers market will not be held on June 5; it will resume on Thursday, June 12.